Saturday, August 14, 2010

Freedom?


I love our big front porch. It's a great place to just watch the world go by. Whenever my family is out on the porch, they invite me to sit with them. But for some reason they feel compelled to keep me on a leash. I'm not sure why that is. When I'm off the leash I'm free to protect them from marauding rabbits, feral cats and canines of unsavory character. In fact, it was while I was protecting them from one of those characters that they took it upon themselves to keep me tied up. (Sigh!) It's a thankless job being a hero these days.
  
Garrett appreciates me, though. He's Kris and Bob's youngest puppy. Today while he was visiting he talked to me about coming to live with him. He made promises to me about a limitless life with no boundaries; where I can run free at will. But then I heard him say something about it being a problem taking me back to Brooklyn on a bus. I don't know what that means. I do know; however, that if he doesn't live anywhere near the beach, I'm not going.

1 comment:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

NO beach? No Way!

love this guy.