Thursday, April 1, 2010

Me, Emmett, The Blog Dog

Hi! This is a photo of me when I first came to live with Kris and Bob on December 15, 2009. I was kind of skinny then. I've been living in this place a few months now and I've been watching Kris as she does this blog thing, and I think I can handle it. Blog... I kinda like that word. It rhymes with dog, you know. I guess that makes me a blog dog! :-D

Things are pretty good here. They were kind of crazy at that shelter place. I lived there twice and the second time I was starting to think I'd be there for good. Thank goodness Bob and Kris came along looking for a Lab; a good, lovable, handsome fellow, like myself.

It has taken awhile to get the new people trained, but now I think I have them where I want them. When I first arrived here they had this really crazy notion that dogs shouldn't be allowed on sofas. I mean, really. There's just the two of them and during the day they hardly sit on the sofas. That's just a lot of perfectly good furniture going to waste. And I always tried to make sure to stay out of their way by jumping on a sofa in a room that they weren't in. I still got shooed off a lot. They wouldn't even let me sleep on the sofa at night when they were sleeping in their bed (another piece of furniture they wouldn't allow me on).

Fortunately, my persistence paid off and now I'm a real couch potato.

So, that's how my new adventures got started and I look forward to sharing them with you.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha..this is so cute :) DN

Anonymous said...

Dear Emmett,

Art dogs supposed to know when they are wagging their tails? My slave, er, human companion just seemed to know things. I finally figured out that she was watching the position and speed of my tail. Honestly, I am not doing it on purpose........Sammy

Anonymous said...

testing the comment box

Anonymous said...

Hi Sammy,

Thanks for the heads...er, tails up! I don't know when I would have figured that out on my own.

Emmett

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe that I, as a cat person, have so many dog loving friends. Emmett is adorable. I did used to have a golden retriever in another life. She was so much fun and just loved the water-didn't matter if it was January and icy or July and steamy, she just couldn't stay out of it.

Susan

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

How did they NOT know that couches are for DOGS???
So happy you got sprung from the shelter. You handsome hunk******

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.